What is it?
WITNESS HOW people have changed the world with their hands and brains over more than 10,000 years from the Stone Ages to the present day. This unique history of science and engineering includes a 6 foot-long fold-out timeline containing more than 1,000 pictures and captions that tell the story of the world’s greatest scientists and inventors from ancient China to the Middle East and from enlightenment Europe to modern America. The Wallbook of Science & Engineering also includes more than 30 newspaper articles, a 50-question quiz and a pocket magnifier. Perfect for 6-14 year olds but equally fascinating for adults of all ages. Developed in association with the American Museum of Natural History.
- Visually engaging with more than 1,000 hand-drawn pictures
- Encourages learning through curiosity, includes a pocket magnifier
- Spine-bound hardback book that also folds out into a 6 foot-long timeline wallchart
- Perforated edge allows timeline to be detached as a wallchart
- Explores the history of science through a wide range of newspaper-style articles
- Ideal for children fascinated by non-fiction
- Exciting for adults as well as children
- Great as a gift for any curious child aged 6-14
Facts & Figures
Height: 14 inches
Width: 10.5 inches
Length (when fully unfolded): 6 feet
What other people are saying:
“Brilliant! This item has helped loads with the home learning I do with my children, very useful and handy product, and great when you have minimal space as we do.”
“EPIC:Bought for a gift for an 11 year old boy. He described it as ‘EPIC’ and his parents loved it too. It is enormous when unfolded”
Talks & Workshops
If you are interested in booking a talk or workshop on the theme of Science click here!