This is truly the most fun and immersive way to learn all about a world which is far more interesting than anything you could possibly make up!
- The quiz show will take place on Zoom, so players will join the video call on their own laptop, mobile phone or tablet, while students will also be able to take part in groups.
- There will be 8 rounds of 10 multiple choice questions – one for each chapter of the book.
- Each player will receive the same set of questions in a randomised order; however, to win the quiz the participant must answer all ten questions correctly. A wrong answer will take the player right back to the start of the quiz!
- To add to this excitement, Christopher will introduce each round of questions with an overview of some of the topics discussed in the book’s corresponding chapter and he will also provide the audience with a live commentary as the quiz is running, announcing the anonymous codename of the winner after every round.
- After the 8 rounds of the quiz, there will then be a head-to-head competition with the 8 selected finalists battling it out to be crowned the overall champion, with the winner awarded a signed copy of the encylopedia.
- Once the quiz is over Christopher will answer questions and participants will also be able to purchase a signed copy of the book at a special discounted rate. This is a wonderful opportunity which you will not want to miss!
“Thanks so much for this morning’s show. We absolutely loved it and the excitement was intense!” Anne Barclay, Operations Director, Wigtown Book Festival, 2020
“Thank you very much for making and hosting such a great quiz. It was great fun. I really enjoy reading your books, they’re brilliant. I remembered some of the facts from them that came up in the quiz. I would have brought the book even if I hadn’t won, because it looks really cool with loads of amazing facts I didn’t know…I met you in Welwyn Garden city a few years ago at one of your Home Ed talks. Thank you for signing my book there; I’ve loved history ever since.I’ve never won a quiz before, so I was really excited and my heartbeat has only just slowed down! Thank you again” Andrew Bowman, 14.
Christopher Lloyd narrates the final of the Wigtown Festival Britannica Family Quiz Show, September 2020!