NEW REVISED EDITION!!!
What is it?
TAKE A TRIP back in time more than 2,500 years to the first ever Olympic Games – then journey through hundreds of the most extraordinary stories of sport through to the present day. This unique history of sport includes a 2 metre-long fold-out timeline containing more than 1,000 pictures and captions that tells the story of more than 100 different sports on a spectrum including fighting, racing and ball games. Trace the origins and histories of all the major sports, including Olympic champions and world record holders. The Wallbook of Sport also includes more than 30 newspaper articles, a 50-question quiz and a pocket magnifier. Perfect for 7-14 year olds but equally fascinating for adults.
- Visually engaging with more than 1,000 hand-drawn pictures
- Encourages learning through curiosity, includes a pocket magnifier
- Spine-bound hardback book that also folds out into a 2 metre-long timeline wallchart
- Perforated edge allows timeline to be detached as a wallchart
- Explores the history of sport throughout the ages in a wide range of newspaper-style articles
- Ideal for children fascinated by non-fiction
- Exciting for adults as well as children
- Great as a gift for any curious child aged 7-14
Facts & Figures
Height: 36 cms
Width: 27 cms
Depth: 0.8 cms
Length (when fully unfolded): 2 metres
What other people are saying:
“Wonderful and informative read! This book is a terrific source of anecdotes from sporting history…the one-legged man who won Olympic gold, how Mohammed introduced the famous Bedouin bloodline to horse breeding, which ancient Olympic superstar was eaten by wolves? Who was the most notorious cheat in the world of Roman chariot racing? What’s the worst ever round of golf in a professional tournament? Who is regarded as the first billionaire in modern sport?.”
“My 10 year old Grandson was fascinated and continues to find something of interest whenever he picks it up. Unfortunately he doesn’t have room to have it on the wall but that isn’t a problem“
Talks & Workshops
If you are interested in booking a talk or workshop on the theme of Sport click here!