* Special pre-order price of £15!*
First 500 copies signed by the author Christopher Lloyd
From the author of the bestselling What on Earth Happened? comes a new, highly entertaining 15-chapter narrative history of the world for children and adults alike from the beginning of time to the present day.
AN ARMADILLO the size of a pick-up truck. A 4,000-year-old bowl of noodles. A legendary Chinese Empress said to have invented silk. Bees waggle dancing. Researchers figuring out how ancient Egyptian embalmers really got the brains out of dead people. An African emperor on a gold-laden pilgrimage….
T.REX, King Tut, Confucius, Cleopatra, Genghis Khan, William the Conqueror, Toussaint Louverture, the Wright Brothers, Adolf Hitler, Mahatma Gandhi, Rosa Parks, Malala Yousafzai, Gravity, microbes, wars, epidemics, climate change, conquistadors, slavery, revolutions, religions, railways, computers, artificial intelligence… You get the idea!
IT’S IMPOSSIBLE, of course, to tell the whole story of absolutely everything ever. But simple impossibility will never stop author Christopher Lloyd. In Absolutely Everything, he takes readers on a fast-paced, entertaining and incredibly informative roller coaster ride through science, nature and history, connecting the dots of the past in a way that offers young people a solid and curiosity-inspiring foundation for a lifelong love of learning. Includes more than 200 pictures and maps!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This offer is available to Mainland UK addresses only.
- This is offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
- This offer is available until the 31st July 2018.
- If you pre-order this product with another item then postage will be charged, as the other items will ship immediately as a separate order.
- Orders will ship 16th September 2018 – one month before official publishing date (16th October 2018).
Here’s what people are already saying about it…
Children will love it – and adults too!“
– Jacqueline Wilson, Tracey Beaker
“From the Big Bang to yesterday’s breakfast, this
BOOK OF FUN AND DISCOVERY
makes sense of it ALL.“
– Martin Brown, Horrible Histories
I wish they’d had books like this when I was young…“
– Anthony Horowitz, Alex Rider
“A riveting mosaic of exciting true stories…
I COULDN’T PUT IT DOWN!”
Deborah Heiligman, Vincent and Theo: The Van Gogh Brothers
Height: 248 mm
Width: 184 mm
Depth: 32 mm
Length: 352 pages
Hardback – Full-colour illustration and photography throughout