Fill out the form below to enquire about booking a show for your school or festival while slots are still available!
“Wow! I’m speechless! You had the 6th graders at Gregory so engaged! I’ve been in books a long time, and I’d have to say your presentation was by far the most engaging, fun-filled, fact-packed session by a writer that I’ve ever seen!” – Mary Yockey, Library Media Center Director, Crone Middle School
Here’s how it works
The quiz show will take place on Zoom, Teams or any preferred virtual learning platform. Players will join the video call on their own laptop, mobile phone or tablet at home as part of a virtual learning timetable or as a whole class in school via a whiteboard projector – students can take part as individuals or in groups. Ideal for all year groups from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 4.
- Christopher will introduce each chapter of the book using a screenshare. At the end of each chapter there will be 8 rounds of 10 multiple choice questions using a website called Quizlet. Pupils join the quiz on a phone, tablet or computer via www.quizlet.live. Christopher will provide a six digit code for pupils to enter each quiz round.
- Each player will receive the same set of questions in a randomised order – all taken from the encyclopedia. However, to win the quiz the participant must answer all ten questions correctly. If a pupils get the answer wrong, they will be given the right answer, BUT they will go back to the start of the quiz!
- To add to this excitement, Christopher will provide pupils with a live commentary as the quiz is running, using a real-time leaderboard. He will announcing he winner after every round.
- After the 8 rounds of the quiz, there will then be a head-to-head competition with the 8 selected finalists battling it out to be crowned the overall champion, with the winner awarded a signed copy of the encyclopedia.
- Once the quiz is over Christopher will answer questions and participants will also be able to purchase a signed copy of the book at a special discounted rate. This is a wonderful opportunity which you will not want to miss!
- Each show lasts between 60 and 75 minutes and can involve up to 100 pupils individually. Larger groups can be also accommodated using a slightly revised format. Please enquire below.
“I really enjoyed it whenever we took the quiz you made everything very dramatic and exciting!” – Shaun P., Gregory Middle School Naperville, Illinois
“Thank you for making yesterday awesome! I loved the Quizlets and I will gladly enjoy your book and others that you have written! – Sophie Raja, Gregory Middle School Naperville, Illinois
“Thank you so very much for today! Your book and quiz show is spectacular for both kids and adults. You are very good at your job! Our students and staff really loved today!” – Joan Fitzgerald, LMC Director, Granger Middle School