Click here to join the next, FREE Absolutely Everything Quiz Show, hosted by Christopher Lloyd
Join world history author Christopher Lloyd on a series of three quiz shows that takes his audience through the history of Absolutely Everything! from the beginning of time to the present day.
Each show will feature an introduction by Christopher and then the journey will begin. At the end of each chapter, Christopher will challenge the audience to a real-time multiple-choice quiz. The winners of each round will then participate in a grand finale to see who will be the overall champion of Absolutely Everything! A signed copy of the book will be awarded as a prize to the winner.
- The first show (Tues 9th March) will cover the story of Natural History (Absolutely Everything! Chapters 1-5)
- The second show (Tues 16th March) will cover ancient history from the first civilisations to the rise of Islam (Absolutely Everything! Chapters 6-10).
- The third show (Tues 23rd March) will feature medieval and modern times from 1066 to the present day (Absolutely Everything! Chapters 11-15).
Here’s how it works
The quiz show will take place on Zoom, Teams or any preferred virtual learning platform. Players will join the video call on their own laptop, mobile phone or tablet at home as part of a virtual learning timetable or as a whole class in school via a whiteboard projector – students can take part as individuals or in groups. Ideal for all year groups from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 4.
- Christopher will introduce each chapter of the book using a screenshare. At the end of each chapter there will be 8 rounds of 10 multiple choice questions using a website called Quizlet. Pupils join the quiz on a phone, tablet or computer via www.quizlet.live. Christopher will provide a six digit code for pupils to enter each quiz round.
- Each player will receive the same set of questions in a randomised order – all taken from the encyclopedia. However, to win the quiz the participant must answer all ten questions correctly. If a pupils get the answer wrong, they will be given the right answer, BUT they will go back to the start of the quiz!
- To add to this excitement, Christopher will provide pupils with a live commentary as the quiz is running, using a real-time leaderboard. He will announcing he winner after every round.
- Once the quiz is over Christopher will answer questions and participants will also be able to purchase a signed copy of the book at a special discounted rate. This is a wonderful opportunity which you will not want to miss!
- Each show lasts between 60 and 75 minutes and can involve up to 100 pupils individually. Larger groups can be also accommodated using a slightly revised format.